The Mindful-Nature Retreat
10th-14th June 2022
A 5-day in-person retreat in the Algarve, Portugal to help you develop mindful awareness, connectedness to nature, and a more balanced way of living
This retreat is a unique collaboration between mindfulness and nature practices. It's primarily a personal journey of exploration that will guide you into a closer relationship with yourself, your immediate community and the environment.
When these three spheres are in harmony, we find ourselves in a place where we more easily manage the balancing act of taking care of ourselves, others and the environment. We can then shift the attention to a new way of living that prioritises health, connection and nature towards finding greater well-being and peace.Sign up
"This course absolutely changed my relationship with the natural world. No longer is nature something 'out there', beautiful but somehow out of reach. Now I feel more as though I am part of nature and nature is a part of me. It's a subtle but very deep shift that I can feel growing stronger every time I practice."
Beautiful medicine for our time
Mindful nature connection is one of the most gentle yet powerful healing and personal development practices there is, combining the two fundamental realms of mind and nature into one holistic practice.
Surrounded by the relaxing countryside and coastal beauty of the Algarve, in Portugal, the mindful-nature retreat is a unique integrated life coaching experience within a retreat environment, combining mindfulness and mental wellbeing techniques, nature connection practices, spiritual reconnection work and body revitalisation.
Give yourself the gift of going straight to the source of health and wellbeing - nature itself.
Here's what's inside the programme:
Connecting to Nature – Paying attention, awakening the senses
- Mindfulness and nature connection
- Walking the attitudinal foundations
- Mind-wandering and automatic pilot
- Connecting to nature's elements
- Awakening the senses, fascination in nature
- Mindful tea tasting from nature
- Sensory nature meditations beneath the stars
Nature Connectedness – Grounding and Breathing, flow and rhythm
- The mind in motion- from doing to being
- Tuning in to the breath as an anchor
- 'Earthing' and finding your sit spot
- Breathing with the trees
- Mindful movement – yoga and qi-gong
- Flow and movement in nature
- Walking the labyrinth
Challenging connections - Mind storms, connecting to the space
- Turning towards the difficulty - assessing the storm
- Deep time walk - exploring the ocean cliffs, and breathing with the ocean
- Allowing and creating a space - letting be
- sitting in the space - the principle of emptiness
- Still water meditations
- From self to oneness - insight, and awe
- Creating rituals - a nature offering ceremony
Day 4 -
Connection and Disconnection – Passing Thoughts and nourishing ourselves
- Kayaking on the sea and in caves
- Passing thoughts and the sky of awareness
- Cloud watching
- Nourishing and taking care of yourself, loving-kindness meditation
- Creating a MAP in the forest
- Forest bathing and working with trees
- Drumming meditation and sound bath
Connecting to your true nature – Following the heart path
- Your personal Unalome – the path to enlightenment
- Environmental Gratitude
- The nature of impermanence, imperfection and incompletion
- Finding your true nature meditation
- Planting your garden – reflections and dandelion seeds
- Closing the circle
Activities and Facilities
- Daily Yoga, Qi Gong or mindful movement
- Daily mindfulness and nature meditations
- Walks and immersion in surrounding nature areas
- Nature-based or holistic activities and ceremonies
- Vegetarian meals
- Peaceful and beautiful nature-based retreat with trees and paths to walk
- Swimming pool, chill areas, Labyrinth
- Ensuite rooms and luxury tents
The retreat venue
An intimate retreat space for small groups to explore and immerse in nature
- A home with multiple spaces for group work, yoga and meditation,
- inside entertainment areas with gym, sauna, pool table
- outside entertainment areas by the pool with barbecue sites and private nature areas to relax
- 5 - ensuite bedrooms for two persons each
- 2 luxury tents for two persons each
The surrounding areas
The retreat space is in western Algarve, in a peaceful hillside area, overlooking the Monchique mountains, where the vegetation is lush and the trees are abundant.
It is 5 minutes from the prestigious Penina golf course, 10 minutes from Alvor beach and 15 minutes from the towns of Portimao, Silves, and Lagos. For the more adventurous, it is 10 minutes from skydiving and coasteering opportunities with watersports and walking routes nearby
Journeying With Others - Nourishing Connections
Included with this course is 6 months of membership to my Mindful Nature Community space, a beautiful tribe of people who have been through my programs and stayed around to sustain and deepen their practice.
You can get started today
There's live group online and self-study versions of this course which you could jump onto right now and get started on developing your relationship with the natural world and your natural self.Enroll on the Mindful-Nature Connection Programme now
This programme includes
Get the benefit of my masters-level knowledge of the philosophy, psychology and neurobiology of nature-based mindfulness approaches and holistic therapies.
Learn practical exercises and meditations to retrain your attention and create new awareness, align your body and mind, and connect you to the natural world.
Join me and a community of likeminded souls on this beautiful interactive journey, connecting during daily practices, discussions, and silent community spirit
It's time to learn deep listening
To better align ourselves with the Earth, as we must now, it's not enough to add on another piece of information, learn a new technique or change our life situation. We need to learn to listen, to be with nature and each other, to connect in a deeper and more authentic way to our own true nature and heart path. There is no better teacher in this than nature itself.
"This course is what is needed in our world at a time like this. When we connect with nature we realise how interconnected and interdependent we are. It encourages us to continue to save and protect our natural world in any way possible."
What are the main gifts this course will bring you?
Personal Health, Wellbeing and Wholeness
A Deeper, More Mindful Connection with Nature
A Sense of Belonging and Connection within a Like-Minded Community
Tools for a New Way of Naturally Connected Living in Harmony with the Environment
My friends and I are looking forward to meeting you in this special place
With nature's blessings,
** Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions about this or any of my courses.Contact me here