A 30-week programme to help you teach and share mindful nature connection with children.
In this course we will explore the various ways we can help children connect to the natural world through mindfulness approaches. I will be sharing a range of fun and engaging ways you can bring mindfulness and nature-connection together within an educational context - be that at home with your own children or in a classroom setting.
It is more than simply a set of educational tools and techniques though. The programme will also offer many opportunities for you to explore and deepen your own mindful nature connection, and to be part of a group of like-minded people all involved in mindful nature education.Sign up now
My vision for the course.
With a background in play development, children's charities and events in parks, I became involved in schools, teaching emotional intelligence, personal mastery, fitkids, yoga, and nature interaction events. Since doing my master's degree in mindfulness and writing my thesis on nature-based mindfulness, I now teach this crucial knowledge in International schools, coaching staff, parents, and over 150 primary school children every week on mindfulness, nature connection, and climate awareness.
This online course is a way to share what the children have learned and loved whilst hopefully encouraging this knowledge to permeate into education and homes to meet the global mental health and environmental challenges we now face.
"This course absolutely changed my relationship with the natural world. No longer is nature something 'out there', beautiful but somehow out of reach. Now I feel more as though I am part of nature and nature is a part of me. It's a subtle but very deep shift that I can feel growing stronger every time I practice."
Mindful Nature Kids is a comprehensive and interactive programme for primary school age children taking them on a journey that includes mindfulness, sensory awareness, attentional control, emotional regulation, neuroscience, nature connection and environmental action. Empowering our children with these wonderful tools is probably the most effective way to ensure a positive future here on earth.
Here's what's inside the Mindful-Nature Kids Programme:
• 10 unique lessons on different aspects of mindful nature connection
• Each lesson has three weeks of material
• Weekly coaching videos
• Weekly worksheets
• Monthly group coaching sessions via Zoom
• Membership of a community
Introduction to Mindful-nature kids - 3 Ps in a pod
- From doing to being
- Mindful-nature theme – the pause
- Being in the moment
- Mindful-nature theme – the present
- Feeling peace and stillness for self, others and the environment
- Mindful-nature theme - peace
Awakening the senses part 1
- Paying attention and the wandering mind
- Mindful-nature theme – the puppy mind
- Awakening the sense of sight by noticing things
- Mindful-nature theme - what can you see?
- Awakening the sense of sound and listening
- Mindful-nature theme– stop, look and listen
Awakening the senses part 2
- Awakening the sense of touch in the earth and body
- Mindful-nature theme –tortoises, spiders
- Awakening the sense of smell both pleasant and unpleasant
- Mindful-nature theme – herbs, essential oils,
- Awakening the sense of taste in nature’s food
- Mindful-nature theme - Fruits and herbs
Breath and movement - animals and gastropods
- Finding the balance
- Mindful-nature theme – bears
- Slowing down - Flow and movement in nature
- Mindful-nature theme – snails
- Cycles, seasons and movement
- Mindful-nature theme – squirrels
Breath and movement – relationships in nature
- being busy and working together
- Mindful-nature theme– bees
- Bringing together differences
- Mindful-nature theme – rainbows
- Different states in nature
- Mindful-nature theme – snow and ice
Body and the brain- the ocean part 1
- Nature's resources and mindful behaviour
- Mindful-nature theme - the ocean
- Thinking and making choices
- Mindful-nature theme -bubbles
- Concentration and decisions
- Mindful-nature theme - dolphins
Body and the brain-the ocean part 2
- Learning and memory
- Mindful-nature theme – Seahorses
- Grounding and breathing
- Mindful-nature theme - Jellyfish
- Thoughts and stories
- Mindful-nature-theme - Octopi
Emotions- the ocean part 3
- Understanding worry and anxiety
- Mindful-nature theme - Starfish
- Fear responses
- Mindful-nature theme – Puffer fish
- Working with anger and stress
- Mindful-nature theme – Crabs
Care for the planet - the arctic
- Melting environments and being wild
- Mindful-Nature theme – Polar bears
- Global warming and ways to communicate
- Mindful-nature theme - Walruses
- Care for the planet and listening with the heart
- Mindful-nature theme – Whales
Kindness and happiness
- Kindness and giving to others
- Mindful-nature theme - Penguins
- Beauty and awe
- Mindful-nature theme - Aurora
- Happiness and thankfulness
- Mindful-nature theme - Quokka
Week by week activity sheets
Each downloadable worksheet has pictures for children so that they can identify the activities, notes for teachers for background information, breathing techniques, yoga poses, meditations, and themed games and movement to music.
Live Group Sessions With Me Each Month
Monthly guidance via Zoom
Each week has a recorded video that gives information on the topic, mindfulness and nature-based theory, ideas on how to deliver the techniques, and links to supporting videos and children's books.
Plus, you get to be part of an ongoing community of people involved in this work!
Included with this course is 1 year of membership to my Mindful Nature Community, a lovely tribe of people involved in this work.
This programme includes
Get the benefit of a masters-level knowledge of the philosophy, psychology, and neurobiology of nature-based mindfulness approaches and the experience of a practicing children's teacher.
Learn practical exercises, yoga, breathing techniques and meditations to teach to primary school age children to help them develop mindful awareness and connect to the natural world.
Join me and an educational community of likeminded souls on this beautiful interactive journey, connecting in my online community space and live online via Zoom.
It's time to learn deep listening
To better align ourselves with the Earth, as we must now, it's not enough to add on another piece of information, learn a new technique or change our life situation. We need to learn to listen, to be with nature and each other, to connect in a deeper and more authentic way to our own true nature and heart path. There is no better teacher in this than nature itself. To introduce children to this teacher is to give them, and the planet, a gift beyond value.
"This course is what is needed in our world at a time like this. When we connect with nature we realise how interconnected and interdependent we are. It encourages us to continue to save and protect our natural world in any way possible."
What are the main gifts of mindful nature connection?
Personal Health, Wellbeing and Wholeness
A Deeper, More Mindful Connection with Nature
A Sense of Belonging and Connection within a Like-Minded Community
Tools for a New Way of Naturally Connected Living in Harmony with the Environment
I would dearly love to help share mindful nature connection practices with children.
Because I know that this will benefit not only them but the entire Earth through them, and keep giving its gifts for generations to come.
My friends and I are looking forward to seeing you inside :)