The Mindful-Nature Education Programme
An 8-week programme to help you teach and share mindful nature connection with children
In this course we will explore the various ways we can help children connect to the natural world through mindfulness approaches. I will be sharing a range of fun and engaging ways you can bring mindfulness and nature-connection together within an educational context - be that at home with your own children or in a classroom setting.
It is more than simply a set of educational tools and techniques though. The programme will also offer many opportunities for you to explore and deepen your own mindful nature connection, and to be part of a group of like-minded people all involved in mindful nature education.Sign up now
"This course absolutely changed my relationship with the natural world. No longer is nature something 'out there', beautiful but somehow out of reach. Now I feel more as though I am part of nature and nature is a part of me. It's a subtle but very deep shift that I can feel growing stronger every time I practice."
Beautiful medicine for our time
Mindful nature connection is one of the most gentle yet powerful healing and personal development practices there is, combining the two fundamental realms of mind and nature into one holistic practice. Empowering our children with these wonderful tools is probably the most effective way to ensure a positive future here on earth.
Here's what's inside the Mindful-Nature Kids Programme:
introduction to the pod
- The pod - orientation, identity, equipment and the container
- Working with the foundations of mindfulness and nature connection
- Structure of a class – bears
- Mindful-nature Practice – stop V pause
- Connecting to your body – the ‘cha cha cha’
- Mindful-nature Practice – peace for self, others and the environment
Awakening the senses part 1
- Awakening the sense of sight –noticing things
- Mindful-nature Practice – what can you see?
- Awakening the sense of sound – sound bath
- Mindful-nature practice – stop, look and listen
- Sight and sound practice – snapping bark, leaf jumping
Awakening the senses part 2
- Grounding and the body
- Awakening the sense of touch – earth and body
- Mindful-nature practice –tortoises, spiders
- Awakening the sense of smell - pleasant and unpleasant
- Mindful-nature practice – herbs, essential oils,
- The sense of taste – nature’s food
Breath and movement - animals
- Mind wandering and mindfulness – the puppy mind
- Mindful-nature practice – dogs and cats
- Slowing down - Flow and movement in nature
- Mindful-nature practice – snails
- Seasons and movement
- Mindful-nature practice – squirrels
Breath and movement – weather
- Mind storms in times of stress
- Mindful-nature practice – creating a storm
- Bringing Rainbows into our life
- Mindful-nature practice – rainbows,
- Nature’s colours and shapes – flowers and plants
- Mindful-nature practice – cloud and wind
Body and the brain- part 1
- Understanding the brain and the mind
- Ocean animals and their brains
- Mindful-nature practice - dolphins,
- Concentration and decisions
- Mindful-nature practice- ‘Finding nemo’
- Under the sea – blowing bubbles
Body and the brain- part 2
- Learning and memory
- Mindful-nature practice – Seahorses
- Grounding and breathing
- Mindful-nature practice - Jellyfish
- Thoughts and stories
- Mindful-nature-practice - Octopi
- Worry and fear
- Mindful-nature practice - Starfish
- Fear responses
- Mindful-nature practice – Fish
- Working with anger and stress
- Mindful-nature practice – Crab
- Nourishing and taking care of yourself
- Mindful-Nature practice – Mountains and trees
- Happiness, gratitude and kindness.
- Mindful-nature practice - Penguins
- Care for the planet, listening with the heart
- Mindful - nature Practice – Rhinos
Plus, you get to be part of an ongoing community of people involved in this work!
Included with this course is 3 months of membership to my Mindful Nature Community, a beautiful tribe of people who have been through my programs and stayed around to sustain and deepen their practice.
This programme includes
Get the benefit of a masters-level knowledge of the philosophy, psychology and neurobiology of nature-based mindfulness approaches.
Learn practical exercises and meditations to teach to children to help them develop mindful awareness and connect to the natural world.
Join me and a community of likeminded souls on this beautiful interactive journey, connecting during weekly live calls and in my online community space.
It's time to learn deep listening
To better align ourselves with the Earth, as we must now, it's not enough to add on another piece of information, learn a new technique or change our life situation. We need to learn to listen, to be with nature and each other, to connect in a deeper and more authentic way to our own true nature and heart path. There is no better teacher in this than nature itself. To introduce children to this teacher is to give them, and the planet, a gift beyond value.
"This course is what is needed in our world at a time like this. When we connect with nature we realise how interconnected and interdependent we are. It encourages us to continue to save and protect our natural world in any way possible."
What are the main gifts of mindful nature connection?
Personal Health, Wellbeing and Wholeness
A Deeper, More Mindful Connection with Nature
A Sense of Belonging and Connection within a Like-Minded Community
Tools for a New Way of Naturally Connected Living in Harmony with the Environment
I would dearly love to help share mindful nature connection practices with children.
Because I know that this will benefit not only them but the entire Earth through them, and keep giving its gifts for generations to come.
My friends and I are looking forward to meeting you inside :)